Sunday, June 27, 2010

Health : Naturally Lower Total Cholesterol -- Can It Be Done?

To naturally lower total cholesterol health professionals recommend you eat:

1) Oats, Oatmeal, Barley, Legumes (Beans, Peas). These are certainly a good choice in the battle against cholesterol.

2) Fruits like apples, prunes, the dark and red berries (blackberries, raspberries, strawberries) also help a great deal

Certain vegetables like: carrots, brussels sprouts, broccoli, yams fill the bill as well.

And how do they help with cholesterol?

All three of these foods -- alone or in combination will reduce LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) -- the bad cholesterol by about 5%, which means you will naturally lower total cholesterol.

Have you ever wondered why they are a good choice? Why these foods reduce the bad cholesterol? What is it that makes them special in the fight against high cholesterol?

All of the foods mentioned above contain soluble fiber. Did you know that 5 to 10 grams of soluble fiber per day will absorb 5% of LDL 'the bad' cholesterol.

Soluble fiber is proven to do this and processed food products that contain soluble fiber can put on a sticker saying -- they are considered "heart-healthy".

Unfortunately in some cases even when we eat many or all of the foods mentioned above, we can still have a cholesterol problem. And in our go-go world it is very often almost impossible to have these foods at the ready all the time.

Secondly not everyone enjoys all of these foods. All of us have different tastes and preferences.

For instance I have never really liked raw apples and I prefer bacon and eggs for my morning meal, but I do ensure that the eggs are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Some cannot stand brussel sprouts or Oatmeal or strawberries.

My point is -- that sometimes the very best foods for you are not available or you don't enjoy eating them.

Is there anything else we can do? Can you naturally lower total cholesterol or will control drugs become part of your life?

When I discovered I had a cholesterol problem. My doctor put me on cholesterol reducing drugs (called statins). I wasn't satisfied with that! I didn't want to be stuck taking expensive medication for the rest of my life.

So I did my research and I found a high quality all natural supplement that solved my problem. My cholesterol and my real problem -- my triglycerides -- all fell back to optimal levels.

It was a method to naturally lower total cholesterol without the need for drugs.

It worked for me and it will work for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment